Okay so my last period was dark brown and smelted

Patient

Q: Okay so my last period was dark brown and smelted really bad. It lasted 7 days and usually they are only 5 days. After it stopped I still had dark discharge it started to light up but not much . I had intercourse yesterday and my discharge is dark again. I don't know what to do

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

A:   Hello dear,

Thanks for trusting us about your health care.
I can understand your concern here.
Brown color discharge during periods can be due to hormonal imbalance, infection, fibroid and PCOS.
It is usually a old blood.
You can wait for your next menses.
If your next menses is also dark brown in color consult a Gynecologist and get yourself examined and ultrasound scan done to rule out the cause.

Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.