Okay so my last period was dark brown and smelted

Patient : Okay so my last period was dark brown and smelted really bad. It lasted 7 days and usually they are only 5 days. After it stopped I still had dark discharge it started to light up but not much . I had intercourse yesterday and my discharge is dark again. I don't know what to do
Symptoms:  None
Doctor :   Hello dear, Thanks for trusting us about your health care. I can understand your concern here. Brown color discharg e during periods can be due to hormonal imbalance, infection, fibroid and PCOS. It is usually a old blood. You can wait for your next menses. If your next menses is also dark brown in color consult a Gynecologist and get yourself examined and ultrasound scan done to rule out the cause. Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more. Regards