Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Okay so my last period was dark brown and smelted

Okay so my last period was dark brown and smelted

Patient: Okay so my last period was dark brown and smelted really bad. It lasted 7 days and usually they are only 5 days. After it stopped I still had dark discharge it started to light up but not much . I had intercourse yesterday and my discharge is dark again. I don’t know what to do

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting us about your health care.I can understand your concern here.Brown color discharg e during periods can be due to hormonal imbalance, infection, fibroid and PCOS.It is usually a old blood.You can wait for your next menses.If your next menses is also dark brown in color consult a Gynecologist and get yourself examined and ultrasound scan done to rule out the cause.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.Regards