Old granulomatous

Q: Hi my name is A Farah I got treated T B infecton about 16 years ago. I took 9 months medications. But I lately see couple symptoms like, luck of sleep, coughing, luck of breath, allergy symptoms, wheezing. However, And every time I took x-ray it show up no infection and doctors told me the only thing we see on your chest x-ray are old granulomatous changes in my left upper lobe lingula and my right upper lobe so your are ok. But is there anything I should stay away or any other help I can get from you? Thank you for your time

A:   I understand how worried you are about your recent symptoms. But let me reassure you that the granulomatous inflammation found in the x-ray is a sequela caused by your history of TB infection.
The symptoms that you mention might be related to other respiratory conditions such as allergic bronchitis. I would suggest you to avoid smoking and secondhand smoke as well as certain allergens such as dust, AC, mold, etc. Annual flu shot would certainly decrease the chances of developing viral infections that might complicate your already compromised lungs. If your symptoms worsen, a visit to your PCP for an evaluation and probable prescription of a Bronchodilator to help aid your symptoms might be granted.