September 24, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Old injury acting up years later.

Old injury acting up years later.

Patient: Can your knee still bother you 20 years after falling and messing it up pretty baldly when the intaglio injury happen I was 5 my knee swelled up like a ballon. It started popping and hurting again on my 21 bithday has been bothering me off and on science then. The symptoms are popping cracking sometimes very loud and knee pain. It is my right knee.

Symptoms: Popping, cracking some times very loud and knee pain

Doctor: HiThanks for your queryI have gone through your query and understand your concern.Your present problem is unrelate d to your old injury. You need to do MRI of your knee. Till then you can take an analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief.Elevation of limb can be helpful in reducing swelling.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.