Old vertebral fracture having pain now

Patient

Q: I crushed a vertabrea in my back about 10 years ago and have been in lots of pain since then.I think I also crushed a nerve in it also,as when I walk,stand or sit too long get burning throbbing pain so bad I feel like throwing up. I had MRI and Cat scan but nothing shows up,as they are taking lying down and I am not in pain when I am lying down it is the only relief I have. Am at the end of my wits and don't know what else I can do.Any suggestions.

Doctor

A:   After have done Physical Therapy, used anti-inflammatory and pain medication, practicing currently an exercise routine, going to a pain center, tried local injections and neural blocks, well, Some antidepressants are useful in treating severe and resilient LBP to alleviate insomnia, and pain. In addition, these medications may improve your ability to cope, and they may reduce depression, anxiety, or fatigue associated with severe LBP. But if you have already tried all of the above, and still you are in severe pain and also having neurological symptoms like your leg is feeling a burning throbbing pain, If after 6-12 weeks of adequate conservative treatment there is poor or no improvement of the pain and neurologic symptoms, I would advise at this point, that you get an appointment with your doctor and/or neurosurgeon and together explore the surgical treatment option to avoid further nerve damage. The surgical treatment of a radiculopathy depends upon: pain severity, degree of functional limitation and neurologic status, meaning, a rapidly progressive neurologic deficit. The age is not a determinant factor for this decision.