Olive oil versus canola and corn oils

Patient : Which cooking oil is better to use canola or corn?
Doctor :   I would recommend Olive oil out of all the oils available to use for cooking. It has the highest proportion of monounsat urated “good” fats, and has a low level of saturated ”bad” fat and trans fats. Canola oil has the least amount of saturated fat but falls short of olive oil in the monounsaturated fat category. Corn oil has a low level of saturated fats, but also a low level of monounsaturated fats and relatively high level of polyunsaturated fats. On balance I believe Olive oil is the choice, extra virgin, in particular the superior variety. It has been part of the Mediterranean diet for years, which has been associated with a reduced risk of overall and cardiovascular mortality, a reduced incidence of cancer and cancer mortality, and a reduced incidence of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases.