On adderall with no positive effects but some bad side effects.

Patient

Q: Hi I am 36 yr old female. I was diagnosed with ADD a little over a month ago. I was put on Adderall IR 5mg for 2 weeks and then 10mg for a week and now I am on 20mg. I have not noticed any kind of effects with my energy or concentration. I pretty much feel the same on it as I do off it. The only thing I have noticed is a few hours after I take it (probably when it is suppose to be wearing off) I find myself short of breath. I also notice I feel irritated. So I am not sure if I am on a high enough dose to get the positive effects but worried that if I go on a higher dose will this SOB and irritation feeling get worse.

Symptoms:  SOB and irritated
Doctor