Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > On antibiotics for UTI but having kidney pains?

On antibiotics for UTI but having kidney pains?

Patient: I am taking antibiotics for a urinary infection but now i have a sharp pain where my kiddney is what do you think it could it be and should i be worried?

Doctor: Just continue taking your antibiotics for now and observe for that sharp pain. It could just be a muscle strain or other conditions. If you have finished taking the antibiotics and the sharp pain persists, you should see your doctor again. However, if you will have fever, abdominal pain or worsening of other symptoms, you should see a doctor as soon as possible. I do hope I have answered your question and take care always.