On birth control and he ejaculted inside me

Patient

Q: Good evening, Last week I had sex with my boyfriend and he ejaculated inside me for the first time. I have been on Tri Sprintec for over a year. I take it everyday and around the same time (usually within 4 hours difference from the time I took it the previous day). I am on the second row in my pill pack (week 2). I was wondering if I am completely protected from pregnancy. Also, does it matter that this occurred during the time when I should have been ovulating or would the pill make me not ovulate at all? Does it matter that I don't take the pills at exactly the same time everyday?

Thanks!

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

As you have been on birth control and regular with intake since last one year, it is unlikely that you can get pregnant due to unprotected sexual episode last week. This is because birth control, when properly timed daily and taken regularly from the DAY 2 of your cycles then there is prevention of ovulation and hence the chances of pregnancy are negligible.

Regular and timed intake of birth control pill is important to maintain a constant level of hormones in blood which in turn helps in avoiding ovulation in ovaries, So considering that, again the chances of pregnancy are minimal.

I hope i have answered your query,
Wishing you safe sexual practices,