Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > On birth control and he ejaculted inside me, am I

On birth control and he ejaculted inside me, am I

Patient: Good evening, Last night I had sex with my boyfriend and he ejaculated inside me for the first time. I have been on Tri Sprintec for the past year and a half. I take it everyday and around the same time (not always at the exact same time daily). I am on the second week in my pill pack. I was wondering if I should take plan B to be more protected or if my birth control is enough to prevent pregnancy this time.Thanks

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,The fact that you have been on low dose OC pill trisprintec sin ce last 1.5 years and have been regular on it without missing any pill till date then you stand protected completely as by mid cycle now, the pill would have avoided any ovulation from the ovaries and hence there are no chances of pregnancy.So there is actually no need of taking an emergency contraception at all.Rest assured, you are pregnancy safe.I hope i have answered your query,Wishing you safe sexual practices,Regards,

Patient: Hello, just asking a follow Up question. Does it matter that this occurred during the time when I should have been ovulating or would the pill make me not ovulate at all? Also, does it matter that I don’t take the pills at exactly the same time everyday… usually within 4 hours of each other everyday. Thanks again.

Doctor: Yes. the pill shall prevent ovulation and hence be protective against pregnancy.