On march 20 2015 I was getting dress in

Q: On march 20 2015 I was getting dress in the morning ,as I went to put on my pants I felt a sharp pain and fell on my knees from the pain. Is going on 5 weeks and Im unable to work. Xrays show nothing . I was suggested an mri wish Im trying to have it done soon. Could this be a herniated disk ?

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

With the history of getting sharp pain while putting on the pants and falling on knees entails for an immediate MRI of the lower spine to see what is the defect and also you need a clinical evaluation, physical examination and further investigations by Orthopedic Surgeon or a Neurosurgeon to get the root-cause and get the proper treatment.

Hope this helps.