On my big toe, it is starting to go black

Patient : On my big toe, it is starting to go black in the corner, it doesn't cause me any pain or anything but wanted to know what I can do to make it better?
Symptoms:  None
On my big toe, it is starti...-1
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query and picture. The nails are showing evidence of fungal infection and the blackness may be r esult of this or due to a trauma, the history of which you have not given. It appears from the picture that you need to take antifungal treatment from your Doctor. Remember that it takes 1 year for toenails to grow, hence you have to continue treatment that long.