Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > On the 21st of Febuary while drunk I had a

On the 21st of Febuary while drunk I had a

Patient: On the 21st of Febuary while drunk I had a small line of Cocaine which I now regret. I have recently been offered a new job post and have to sit a Drug and Alcohol test on Friday 1st May 2015. I’m probably worrying and over thinking it but I just want to make sure this won’t effect it as the period of time has been 10 weeks??

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Both alcohol and cocaine cannot usually be present in the body for such a long time. The maximum time that cocaine can stay in the body is usually 20 days in heavy users who take a longer time to metabolise the cocaine.Do not worry as the result should come back as negative. Hope this helps you. All the best.