On the 2nd of January I took a pregnancy test

Q: On the 2nd of January I took a pregnancy test that came back negative, on the 5th I came on my period which was very light and lasted only 3 days, I then had some brown discharge and now all of a sudden I'm bleeding, I woke up in the night absolutely soaked. I also have excruciating back pain and shooting pains in my pelvic area, do you have any Idea what this might be?

A:   Hi,

Irregularity in the length of menstrual cycles, duration of menstrual periods and quantity of menstrual flow can occur due to many causes.
Delay in periods can lead to thickened endometrium, which can lead to excessive bleeding and pain during shedding the endometrium.
If the pain and bleeding persist, better to consult your doctor and get examined.
By examination and ultrasound, the possibility of pregnancy can be ruled out and also any other possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.

Hope this helps.
Take care.