On the first day of my cycle, I started taking

Q: On the first day of my cycle, I started taking Yasmin birth control pills for the first time. My cycle seemed to be going just as it normally does. By the 5th day I was not having so much fresh blood, but simply the brownish discharge I usually get just as my period is about to end. However, this discharge continued for 8 days (making it now day 14 of my period) with no end in sight. It's not a lot, mainly only enough for maybe 1 quarter of a pad a day, roughly in amount. However on Thursday of last week I missed a pill and on Friday I got some fresh blood again (what I consider spotting because it wasn't nearly as much blood as I get even on my lightest day's worth of flow), but I've been getting this spotting on and off all weekend along with the brown discharge, and still am today.

I want to know if this is normAl? Today would put me in the middle of my next cycle and I am starting to get some very slight cramps (although there has been no difference on the discharge). How much longer should expect this bleeding/discharge to last?

Symptoms:  Brown discharge, spotting, long period