On Tuesday night, I fell backwards into the bumper of

Patient

Q: On Tuesday night, I fell backwards into the bumper of a parked car. The impact was pretty strong and hit me in the lower back on the right side.

I am now experiencing a sharp burning pain at the top of my iliac crest region which can be achieved by laying on my back and rolling my whole body to the left, or sometimes sporadically. I also have generalized milder pain in the region and muscle tightness throughout the back and upper thigh area.

I have been icing and taking anti-inflammatory (Aleve).

I am an athlete and am pretty well developed in my back muscles. This morning, I was able to complete a 5,000m swimming workout with minimal to moderate discomfort.

I would like to know whether this is likely to fix its self with time or whether I should seek medical attention. Also, why has a bruise not yet developed after nearly 2 days?

Thank you

Doctor