One birth control pill prevent pregnancy

Patient : Can one birth control pill prevent pregnancy if taken a day after unprotected sex?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. No, usually single regular birth control pill may not serve the purpose of emergency contraception because of low dose of hormones in it. To prevent pregnancy, you need to take emergency contraceptive pill like I pill within 72 hours of intercourse. If you want to use regular birth control pills for emergency contraception, you have to take two pills twice a day for two days within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse. Take care.