x
150 Physicians Online

Question:

One breast significantly larger than the other? (male)

My right breast is perfect but is significantly larger than my left breast and it is very noticeable, even through a shirt. I was wondering if there is any way to fix this because it makes me very very uncomfortable. (male)

Answer:

You seem to have a condition called Gynaecomastia. This is enlargement of breast tissue in males. It is a fairly common condition seen during adolescence. It can be corrected with a minor surgical procedure whic involves removal of the excess breast tissue under general anesthesia. Your surgeon will first perform clinical examination and order the appropriate test to make sure that there is not a more significant cause for the breast enlargement.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA