One leg swollen, can't find cause

Patient : My mother at 78 with high blood pressure is healthy and active. She fell lightly on one knee on June 3rd with a small broken skin only. X-ray and ultrasound confirm that she has no fractured bone, nor blood clog. But the same leg started to swell up from the 5th day and on the 6th day completely swollen from heel to the knee, 3 centimeters larger than the other leg. She has skinning legs. So far blood and urine tests are normal. But her swollen leg shows no improvement after 9 days of swelling, very painful when standing. Pain concentrates on the largest part of back of leg. Hot by tough. No sign of bite. Color is normal. What is the reason for swelling? How to treat it?
Doctor :   I would definately like to rule out a Deep vein thromobosis in this case which occurs due to a blood clot in the deep ve ins and leads to the above mentioned symptoms.You need to take her to the doctor sooner than later and get an ultrasound of her leg done. Also this could just be because of the trauma to the muscle and thus the swelling.However the DVT has to be ruled out. I hope this helps.All the best.