One more Possible Pregnancy

Patient

Q: Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on april 16th and i was supposed to start monday, may 3rd, i am now two days late, could i be pregnant? i'm not throwing up, my breasts don't hurt, are there any other symptoms i should look for?

Doctor

A:   Hello, I realize your concern about possible pregnancy. If you are certain about your menses due date then the probability of pregnancy would be considered since you might have had unprotected sex during your ovulation period in which you were fertile the most. I would suggest you wait for a few more days because menses are not always exact, then if they dont show yet you might want to test for pregnancy and confirm it with a blood pregnancy test done by your health care provider.In the future if you want to avoid unwanted pregnancies, please consult your primary care physician, he or she would kindly explain to you about contraceptive methods and suggest you the best choice. I wish you the best.