One Side of Throat Sore

Patient

Q: I had strep throat two weeks ago and was put on antibiotics. Three days after the pills were done, the left side of my throat felt like there was a lump in the back of it, and my left lymph nodes are swollen. I thought it was strep throat again, but tests apparently came back negative. These symptoms have come and gone ever since then, sometimes I wake up in the morning and it's bad, other times not. What could cause this?

Symptoms:  Swollen/tender lymph nodes on one side of throat, red lump in back of throat, cough
Doctor