Ask The Doctor > Pending > Ongoing symptoms from spinal headache

Ongoing symptoms from spinal headache

Patient: I had a spinal block anesthetic for a cervical cerclage done in october, it was performed differently the usual (have had it twice previously) and I suffered a dibilitating spinal headache after. The doctor I spoke to after said he reviewed the charts and saw that it was documented I was poked numerous times with a cutter (not sure on spelling) needle and that this caused the headache. After a week and a day and 3 epidural blood patches the headache subsided enough for me to be able to move around but was still causing discomfort. I was told at one hospital that they could not due the procedure because they didn’t have equipment to monitor the baby but I informed them in the whole time this was occuring the baby was not monitored once aside from the heartbeat being checked only 3 times. I was given 1 ct scan in which I had to inform the radiologist I was pregnant as he was not told and then I was left to lie in the hospital for 3 days while everyone ‘decided’ what to do because they were unsure. I lay in excruciating pain unable to move or eat, only able to cry and vomit for 3 days. And now a little over a month later I have been experiencing migranes which I never had before and back pain and spots in my vision. Is this related? Could there be a bigger problem that was missed?

Doctor: