Opthalmic migraines and ear/nose bleed

Patient: Hi,I have had two ophthalmic migraines within the past week and a half. also within that timeframe i had some bleeding in my right ear and also a nose bleed that occurred probably 5 days after the blood in the ear. i just had the 2nd migraine and am now concerned the bleeding and the migraines may be the sign of a bigger issue.should i be worried they are connected. it has been a while since i have had a migraine…at least 6 months.thank you

Symptoms: Ophthalmic migraine, ear/nose bleed

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Migraines followed by bleeding in the ears and nose are indeed a cause for concern. Such co ncomitant symptoms can occur due to infections of the inner ear, sinuses, and within the head itself. Furthermore, this can also be caused by increased intracranial (within the skull) pressure due to a slow intracranial bleed. We do strongly recommend that you seek medical examination and evaluation of this condition as soon as you can. The ear and nose bleeds may not be coincidental findings associated with your headache, and to rule out any serious conditions such as those aforementioned, please see your doctor.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com

View all posts