Options for Erectile Dysfunction Aside from Drugs

Patient : My husband is 47years old and had erectiol disfunction. He also has high blood pressure and is on medication. We know there are tretments out there but his doctor dosent seem interested in helping us look into them he said "ED meds would make your blood pressure too high" what can we do? We have only been married for 2 years and have hardley had sex at all and when we do his penis is never all the way hard. Its very frustrating to both of us. Please help.
Doctor :   Erection problems may cause significant emotional disturbance. Yes, it is true that most (if not all) erectile dysfuncti on drugs may elevate BP. But there are other options, though more complicated and costly. One is penile injection therapy: a drug will be injected directly to your husband’s penis to help maintain erection. There is also an intraurethral pellet therapy wherein a small suppository will be inserted into the urethra (passageway of semen and urine) to improve erectile dysfunction. Penile implants are the last resort. You may ask your doctor politely to refer your husband to a urologist because this problem has caused discord in your marriage. They are experts on this area and they can help you decide which among these is best for your husband. I do hope I have answered your question. I wish you well always.

Related Q&A

Q: I have problem with keeping erection, i recently got married, can you please advice some medication for the problem.

Q: Mid-twenties. Never had morning wood and my genitals look like that of a child. Bloodwork shows that t(total: 579ng/d...

Q: Hi, This is regardingmy Erection. I am recently married and I love my wife. We have sex quite often, and sometimes it...

Q: Hi, I am a 49 years male. Since last April, I am experiencing erection problems where my erections are no longer hard...

Q: I just turned 40 and i'm having problem keeping an erection I didn't used to have this problem it gets up but not as...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon