Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Options for Keloid Scars Removal

Options for Keloid Scars Removal

Patient: I have keloids, one very large on the front side that I really would like to be gone. Doctor’s! What can be done about them? I have added two pictures for you to see. Thanks you Doctor’s !!!

Doctor: .There are many treatment options available keloids. However, there is no single treatment that has been proven comple tely effective. It is best to prevent keloids if possible. The following is a list of the most common treatment methods:Steroid injectionsSurgical removalOcclusive DressingCompression DressingsThe location of the scar, the size, response to previous treatment and patient age all determine the type of therapy employed. You will need to speak with a Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon about the best treatment option for you.