Options to ease pain and symptoms with herniated disc.

Patient

Q: I had an mri a few months ago, that came up with the following results..

At L4 to L5 Diffuse disc bulge with biltaral posterolateal components partially efface perinural fat from both foramina without direct neourological impingement. Prominent central disc protrusion indent the anterior convexity of the thecal sac

I posted in here before to get an idea of what that means, and understand it to be a herniated disc that isnt compressing nerves..

What id like to know is if that could be incorrecct atleast partially, as i have intermitten pain in my back and down my thigh and deep inside my hip. Its not all the time so I think when the mri was done it was a "good day" . My doctor told me I just need to lose weight and the problem will go away, At that time I weighed 190lbs and I am 5ft 7, I have dropped 10lbs since then but still get a lot of pain, its dehabilitating where I cant walk, or sit, or lay down comfortably and i have a 10 month old daughter to look after!
Im 19 years old and female.

He prescribed me Roxonin to ease the pain, but it does nothing to improve my comfort. Can you suggest anything else I could ask him for either as a pain killer,, or to solve the problem for good? I also have another symptom of occasionally numbness one one side of my genitals. Could this be related? I also get a weakness in my hands from time to time (more often than the leg pain).

Thanks

Doctor