Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Oral contraceptive pill and no periods

Oral contraceptive pill and no periods

Patient: Iv been taking the pill for the laST 2 MONTHS! On my first month in the pill free days i DID NOT get my period! i continued to take the pill for the next month. I am now on my pill free days again since thursday the 8th of March and still have got NO period! what do i do??

Doctor: As long as you took the packet in full and on time you don’t have anything to worry about. When starting on contraceptiv e pills, initially the periods are shorter and lighter, you will just have to be patient, although I would recommend a pregnancy test in 19 after your last intercourse just to put your mind at ease and make sure nothing did go wrong. Take care.