Oral contraceptive pill and no periods

Patient

Q: Iv been taking the pill for the laST 2 MONTHS! On my first month in the pill free days i DID NOT get my period! i continued to take the pill for the next month. I am now on my pill free days again since thursday the 8th of March and still have got NO period! what do i do??

Doctor

A:   As long as you took the packet in full and on time you don't have anything to worry about. When starting on contraceptive pills, initially the periods are shorter and lighter, you will just have to be patient, although I would recommend a pregnancy test in 19 after your last intercourse just to put your mind at ease and make sure nothing did go wrong. Take care.