Oral sex problems

Patient : I made a bad decision on spring break. I met up with a guy I met though a friend and I let many things happen that shouldnt have. I gave him unprotected oral sex (no ejaculation). And let him have protected vaginal intercourse with me. A few days later, I came down with what seemed to be a very bad case of strep throat. White tonsils. Swollen tonsils. Slight fever. It's now may and no doctor has been able to prescribe me a medicine that keeps the infection gone longer than a few days. Could I have an std in my throat? I've been tested for Gonnorhea and Chylamidia through a urine test that came back negative. Also took an at home HIV test a few days ago because I'm paranoid. What should I do?
Symptoms:  White spots on tonsils, swollen tonsils, red throat
Doctor :   From your description it seems you are suffering from throat infection with acute tonsillitis. Though Gonorrhoea, Chlam ydia are common infections transmitted through unprotected oral sex there are other bacterial/ candida/ viral infections which can get transmitted. As you have already got yourself tested -ive for HIV need not worry much. My suggestion is at the earliest you should consult an ENT Specialist for further evaluation, investigations,diagnosis & management of your problem. He may advise a swab culture & prescribe you the antibiotics /medicines accordingly. Meanwhile take rest, blanched balance diet, do frequent warm saline rinses, avoid smoking & anything which irritates the throat. Further in the future pl take precautions.