Order of birth control pills.

Patient : Hello, I have a question about taking birth control. I have been on it for a little over a year, and two weeks ago I forgot to take two pills. So I took two the night after I forgot, and finished my pack two nights later. I then waited a week, taking my placebo pills. Was I supposed to do this?
Doctor :   Hello, you have done the right thing by taking two pills together the night after to compensate for the missed pills , your protection stands . As now you have been on your placebo pills , then you should wait for your menses to start soon in form of withdrawal bleed. I hope i have answered your query, regards