Orthopedic Knee Pain, joint effusion

Patient : Good Day Doctor, I need your advice, I got knee pain a year ago, when i was sitting on my knees for more than half an hour and doing some work, as i standup, i didnot feel any sound (for knee ligament or something) but the day after pain rose, and Doctor did x-ray and MRI, and then Joint Effusion was found (Water on the knee). I took medicines for about a month, but after all this, i got better, but after 3-4 months, i got swelling again may be 2-3 times in two years. But it goes away within a week. The issue is Doctor says do exercise because my thigh muscle has got weaker, and unfortunately I am not doing regular exercise, which is my fault. I need your advise is this the only solution? Im just a bit confused, I mean i want to play football, i used to play, please help me to get my strong muscle for thigh and knee back as soon as possible. I'll be really greatful for your help. Thankyou Doctor, Asim Baig
Symptoms:  Knee pain, Joint effusion,
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: My name is Carlton Jackson. My date of birth is April 3, 1955. In the spring of 1973 I hyperextended my left knee w...

Q: I ama 68 year old female who has been very active. Have not been exercising during last month due to cataract surger...

Q: My daughter was playing volleyball and dove/slide in for the ball. She said it hurt her right knee. But she was outsi...

Q: My knee is severely swollen (size of a grapefruit). I had an xray which was normal. It hurts a ton on the inside of m...

Q: When i went up the stairs i got knee pain as if its twisting on the inside. INtense pain for at least 5 minutes cant ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon