Orthopedic Mattreesses: do they bring any benefits?

Patient

Q: Could you tell me if Orthopedic,therapudic matresses have any benefits? Thank you

Doctor

A:    Of course  if you sleep in a good mattress you will experience benefits derived from it. The orthopedic matress is a specific type of mattress which works to improve the support for the spine in a number of different ways. An orthopedic mattress can range from basic to more advanced, but there are a number of similarities in all of the mattresses of this nature. More basic mattresses of an orthopedic nature have a coil count of at least 312. As the coil count gets higher and higher in the mattress, the comfort level will increase in line with the number. The comfort of orthopedic mattresses will also depend upon the gauge of the metal coil springs inside of the mattress, and as a rule the thicker the coils the better when it comes to this type of mattress. There are other types, for example the Memory Foam mattress,  which molds itself to your body’s contours and will aid in better sleep habits. The density of the foam used in a memory foam mattress is what makes the difference.The orthopedic mattress is particularly adept to being able to  relieve stress in the back, neck and hips by providing a supportive structure for a person to rest on.  The most important is how you feel sleeping and how you wake up, a good mattress will give you a good sleeping and you wake up rested and painless. To select the right mattress is a individual decision. I recommend you to shop around internet and read reviews, make some choices and after, go to the different stores and try them by yourself.