Orthopedic Question-tendon repair and permenant damage.

Patient : I recently recieved surgery due to a work related injury. I work in a meat packing plant, while working one of my co-workers sliced me with his knife across the top of my right hand lascerating two tendons. Since then they have been repaired. I am currently having severe pain in my wrist to fingertips along with swelling in the affected hand. My question is, what types of impairements can I expect in the future in regards to permenant impairement such as arthiritis, pain and such of the like.
Doctor :   If the tendons were the only structures damaged during the injury, you should not have any permanent impairment. The fac t that you are having significant pain and swelling following surgery suggest that you may have suffered a complication such as an infection. I suggest you see your surgeon to have the operative area examined.