Orthopedics

Patient

Q: Recently, I had an MRI of my left shoulder. The impression states various things. Can you explain what it means to me since all the terminology is medical? I have chronic pain in my shoulder.
1. Mild supraspinatus tendinopathy with a small partial tear at the insertion of the junction of the posterior supraspinatus and anterior infraspinatus tendons. No full thickness rotator cuff tears.
2. Acromioclavicular joint hypertrophy and a down sloping accordion with moderate to promenade mass effect upon the rotator cuff. Glen humeral joint degenerative changes.
3. Small to moderate-sized joint effusion with ill-defined internal hypointensites which could represent a combination of chronic synovial thickening and debris.

Doctor