Orthotricyclen Lo & Chest Pain - what do I do?

Patient

Q: Dear Doctor, I am 27 and taking ortho tricyclen lo. I am experience dull/heavy chest pain mainly on the left side of my chest (sometimes upper, sometimes lower chest). Sometimes I feel sharp pangs of pain in my chest and the pain is not in my arm, but spreads to the side of my chest close to my armpit area. I am out of the country and need to assess how serious these side effects are and how to proceed. I am not a consistent smoker, but have been smoking 3-5 ciggarretes every day/every other day for about a month of my time abroad. I am not smoking any longer. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Symptoms:  Chest pain on left side (upper and lower chest), fatigue
Doctor