OS Trigonum Syndrome

Q: I am a ballet dancer (recreational) that was diagnosed with OS trigonum syndrome at a sport's medicine center after complaining about symptoms of what I thought was Achilles tendonitis. I've probably had it undiagnosed for 2 years because I thought it was the now-gone knots in my calf that were causing me intense pain. The X-ray showed an extra bone. However, I told the doctor I had absolutely no pain en pointe or when I pointed my foot. Even so, I have pain deep in the ankle where he said the pain usually is for OS trigonum syndrome. I have a little bit of pain after pointe, and it feels uncomfortable to walk because I feel like I have something weighing my lower leg down; however, the pain is most intense after jumps and the pain feels pinching when I get really deep into a plié after having done a certain amount in class. The pain shoots up the back of my ankle, seeming to end right below my calf. I also do have pain in the OS area and my heel after standing for a certain amount of time. My left calf also tends to be more sore than my right calf after a dance class. After having done more research, I have noticed that my left ankle is noticeably weaker than my right: it succumbs to exhaustion quicker and tends to wobble during adagio when I'm only standing on my left leg.

What I simply want to know is why I don't have any pain when I'm en pointe, which is apparently the most common complaint among dancers with OS trigonum syndrome. It feels far better to be en pointe than on demi-pointe. Prolonged demi-pointe for me can trigger that pain, too, but being fully en pointe doesn't.