Osgood-Schlatter overview and information

Patient : About 10 years ago.At age 29 now 39.I had visted a poditrist for a heel spur and she had made a comment about my bl knees she has not seen osgood-schallers since med school 30 plus years ago.I have never knew what this was just assuming i did not develop normally. my whole 29 years after reasearch there seems to be concern with some info and with other info no big deal. Recently i have been experiencing pain in r knee only no injury or incident to report is this normal and what can I do for optimal care.And also if any info on aging with this condition.Thank you
Doctor :    The Osgood-Schlatter disease is the painful lump below the kneecap in children or adolescents that are going through th he growth spurs. It is seen most often in boys that participate in sports like: basketball, soccer, and in girls who practice ballet, figure skating, volleyball.  During these activities the quads tendon pulls the insertion to the shin bone, and this kind of repetitive stress cause pain and swelling in the area below the kneecap. This condition tends to resolve by its own once the bones stop growing. Usually gets better without formal treatment. Then, possibly you are having a patellar tendinitis at your age.