Osgood-Schlatters Disease in adult male

Patient: I am a male 45 years old and have suffered from knee pain since I was an adolescent. I have very large protruding lumps just below both knee’s. I have recently found out that this is a condition known as Osgood-Schlatters Disease. My question is. Is there any form of treatment for adults, who suffer from this or is it something I will have to live with? I realize that this is a condition usually adolescent’s suffer from but it was never diagnosed until now.