Osteogenesis Imperfecta - Endocrinologist or Orthopedic?

Patient

Q: I have osteo genesis imperfecta tarda and I haven't had a general check up in almost 20 years. My GP has referred me to a Endochronologist. i think it would be better to see an Orthopedic, what do you suggest?

Doctor

A:   Osteogenesis imperfecta is a genetic disorder characterized by fragile bones and fractures with little or no trauma.  Other conditions associated with OI include hearing loss, defective dentition, scoliosis, limb deformities, fractures, joint laxity, growth retardation and hormonal disturbances. A multidisciplinary approach is required to manage the disease. So you may need to see an endocrinologist, orthopedic, ENT and possibly a neurologist for proper management of the symptoms and treatment.

Osteogenesis imperfecta is a genetic disorder characterized by fragile bones and fractures with little or no trauma.  Other conditions associated with OI include hearing loss, defective dentition, scoliosis, limb deformities, fractures, joint laxity, growth retardation and hormonal disturbances. A multidisciplinary approach is required to manage the disease. So you may need to see an endocrinologist, orthopedic, ENT and possibly a neurologist for proper management of the symptoms and treatment.