Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Osteotomy for knee pain?

Osteotomy for knee pain?

Patient: So I have been having pain in both my knees for about 4 years now. And for the past couple days I have barely been able to walk because they hurt so bad. My knees go inwards towards each other, and I have been told that they are very unaligned. I read about an osteotomy and was wondering if that could help me at all?

Symptoms: Persistent knee pain. Right knee: inside and below patella. Left knee: above and below patella. Swelling, redness, stiffness, difficulty bearing weight, difficulty moving and straightening leg

Doctor: HiThanks for your queryI have gone through your query and understand your concern.From your description it see ms that you are suffering from bilateral genu varus deformity ( knees bent inwards). Yes you are correct this can be corrected by valgus osteotomy. You should consult Orthopedician for it.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.