Other than birth weight is it really going to harm.

Patient

Q: Other than birth weight is it really going to harm my baby if I smoke a few cigarettes per day if they are all natural with no chemicals or additives

Doctor

A:   Hi,
Cigarette smoking in pregnancy can lead to complications like stillbirth, premature delivery, low birth weight, heart defects etc.
After delivery it can lead to asthma, increased risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), learning problems etc in the baby.
No type of cigarettes are safe in pregnancy. There are no sufficient conclusive studies regarding the safety of natural or nicotine free cigarettes on the pregnancy and also there is no full information regarding all contents of these type of cigarettes.
Sometimes they may contain unknown toxins which can harm the baby.
So, better to quit smoking in pregnancy.
Take care.