Our son was sick Thursday night but felt better to

Patient

Q: Our son was sick Thursday night but felt better to go to school yesterday morning. He complained that his legs were sore however he didn't do anything at school or soccer odd. He just woke us us at 4:30 am with severe leg pain, at the knees and ankles.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

The pain in the muscles takes about 20 to 24 hours to develop and reach a decent level of pain. Here is what you need to do.

Ask him to take a warm bath and massage the legs. The pain will stop after some time. Also, tell him to stretch the area to help.

Hope this helps. All the best.