Outside pelvic growth

Q: 34 yo female. Developed painful mass 1.5 inch diameter on outside of upper right pelvic bone. No injuries, no discoloration, just a painful bump which is obvious in the mirror and developed over the last couple weeks. It is not squishy, but not rock hard either. History of recurrent vit D deficiency and unexplained weight loss- otherwise healthy. What is this bump most likely?

Symptoms:  Isolated pain, new growth, fatigue.

It appears from the description for it to be a lipomatous swelling which is not hard and localized over a bony prominence and hence is visible. The element of pain can be explained with pressure causing fat necrosis at the local area against the bone and thereby causing further swelling. However , it is advisable to visit your physician for a FNAC or fine needle aspiration biopsy from the lesion which can be subjected to histopathological examination to ascertain the cell of origin and a probable diagnosis.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,