Ovarian Cyst

Patient: Hi Doctor, I am having an ovarian cyst of size 5.1X3.3×5.0 and its size is increased since last six months.My doctor prescribed me some birth control pills and some vitamin tablets for three months but no use. Now she recommended me surgery. Please suggest me if surgery is the correct option and if yes which kind of surgery should i opt for: laparoscopy or other?

Doctor: You have not mentioned if you have any symtpoms as a result of this cyst.If the cyst is symptomatic and is increasing in size then surgery is the right option. Laparoscopic surgery provides the better option as it offers the shorter recovery time. Upon removal of the cyst, it will be sent to the lab for further testing to rule out any serious conditions such as cancer.