Ask The Doctor > Pending > Ovarian cyst after period, and pregnancy

Ovarian cyst after period, and pregnancy

Patient: Whoever you are, I really hope you can help me. I just had my period last week. During that time, I was taken to the ER for an accident. In the xrays or catscan or something, the doctor told me he saw a cyst on my right ovary. He said it was normal. Now a week and 2 days later I’m having pain in my lower right abdomen. I’ve done my research online and saw that the cyst is supposed to break open and release the egg. I’m sure this pain is from the cyst. If I still have the cyst, and egg (possibly) is there a chance that it didn’t release because I’m pregnant? Even though I had my period and I’m on birth control? Someone please tell me if this is a possibility.. please

Doctor: