Ovarian Cyst and Uterine Polyp Concerns

Patient

Q: I was told last Friday I have a uterine polyp and a cyst on my left ovary. Are these common to have at the same time? The doctor is having me get the polyp surgically removed in April and waiting to see on if the cyst goes down in size or not to determine whether or not to remove the cyst. I also have to get bloodwork and other labwork done. Is this common?

Symptoms:  Pain in my left ovary occasionally during my period over the last year+, random bleeding two days after my period has ended (this doesn't always happens, but has been frequent for the past few months), heavy periods.
Doctor