Ovarian cyst gaining weight?

Patient

Q: I've had an ovarian cyst since last month. it ruptured causing agonizing pain, and I have pain this month as well, with excruciating pain. Also my stomach is really big for some reason. is that normal? I wanted to know am I gaining fat, or it's liquid retention? also do these cysts ever disappear without birth control pills and does it affect fertility?
thanks

Symptoms:  Pain on lower abdomen
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

The answer to all your questions is yes or maybe. It is possible that a person with ovarian cyst has fluid in the stomach and also the changes in the hormones will cause obesity. These cysts can disappear without using birth control pills.

But, I really recommend that you take the Birth control pills as they will help you recover quickly. I believe that what you are talking about is Polycystic ovarian syndrome.

Here are a few more symptoms in this:
Cysts in the ovaries
Obesity
Hirsutism
Irregular periods
Insulin resistance

I hope this helps you. See a Doctor if you do not feel better. Hope this helps.