Ovarian cyst pain?

Patient

Q: Hello. I am a 23 year old female. Last month, I went to the emergency room for back pain and got a kidney infection diagnosis, but was also told that I have an ovarian cyst. I was told that I would need to follow up with my OBGYN, but unfortunately due to my lack of insurance and high visit costs have not been able to get in to see her yet. So my question is, this morning while having intercourse with my fiancé, I got a very sharp stabbing pain in the lower right side of my abdomen, which is where I was told my cyst is. It went away within the hour, but came back suddenly later in the day and is horrible. I am having trouble walking because of the pain. I know that you can not give me a 100 percent answer without seeing me in person, but I was wondering if the pain is typical of an ovarian cyst, or if I should go to the ER for it? I was also curious about whether you had any advice on how to deal with this pain? I called an advice nurse, but was brushed off and scolded for calling before she even heard my symptoms. Please help me!

Symptoms:  Sharp pain in lower right abdomen that started during intercourse.
Pain comes for about an hour, then subsides
Doctor