Ask The Doctor > Pending > Over a month ago I got a small bump on

Over a month ago I got a small bump on

Patient: Over a month ago I got a small bump on my ear (on the cartilage) that I thought was a pimple. The next day it got inflamed and red. As the week progressed my symptoms got worse. I had a throbbing pain in my ear, a fever, and headache. I couldn’t sleep on that side. I’ve gone through two rounds of antibiotics and the pain has subsided but the ear is still a little inflamed and gets hot periodically. It also itches a little bit. I thought it might have been a bite. I don’t know. Please let me know what you think could be going on. Is this serious and could be a sign of a bigger problem or should I just wait for it to go away?

Symptoms: Inflamed cartilage on left ear. Feels hot. Headache. Fever. Itching.

Over a month ago I got a sm...-1

Doctor: