Over-sensitive or possible ectopic pregnancy?

Q: I am experiencing sharp pain in my left side, in between my side and my belly button, lower down, between my belly button and hip/groin.

I had an ectopic pregnancy 6 years ago and this was diagnosed last but only involve keyhole surgery and apparently there was minimal damage.

The pain is about one inch below my keyhole scar and is entirely reminiscent of this previous pain that I experienced, although not yet as severe as it was then, which was also accompanied by bleeding.

I am not currently bleeding and whilst sexually active have been on the pill and use condoms with my partner, have little possibility that I am pregnant, although I know these things happen. I stopped taking the pill two weeks ago (at the end of the packet).

I can pass stools and everything is fine. The pain intensifies when I move, contract my pelvic floor, stand up straight, or jiggle about.

I am asking whether I should leave it a few days to see what happens, or seek medical advice now. I live quite far from a hospital and am writing my PhD thesis with two weeks to go, so if I am just being over-sensitive because of my history I don't want to waste six hours in casualty to be sent home!

Thanks for any advice you might have.

Symptoms:  Pain, acute for last 36 hours (increasing)