Over-the-counter blood pressure medicines/supplements

Patient

Q: My husband recently found a new job after being laid off from his 15 year aerospace job so we are waiting for his eligibility period for health insurance. We had enough money to fill all of his Keppra (seizures) ahead of time but were unable to fill his Lisinop (high blood pressure). As we can't afford a cash visit and prescription fill of Lisinop I'm seriously considering an over-the-counter-product temporarily. Can a physician please advise me whether or not there are any worth recommending and if so, will there be any drug interaction issues with his Keppra. He is not prescribed any other medicine. He's 54, otherwise in excellent physical condition, does not smoke or drink and takes a multi-vitamin and silver biotics daily. Thank you.

Symptoms:  My husband recently found a new job after being laid off from his 15 year aerospace job so we are waiting for his eligibility period for health insurance. We had enough money to fill all of his Keppra (seizures) ahead of time but were unable to fill his Lisinop (high blood pressure). As we can't afford a cash visit and prescription fill of Lisinop I'm seriously considering an over-the-counter-product temporarily. Can a physician please advise me whether or not there are any worth recommending and if so, will there be any drug interaction issues with his Keppra. He is prescribed any other medicine but he's 54, otherwise in excellent physical condition and takes a multi-vitamin and silver biotics daily. Thank you.
Doctor