x
87 Physicians Online

Question:

Over The Counter Testosterone Replacement

Can any over the counter or herbal supplememt really replace or restore testosterone levels

Answer:

Many over the counter medication and herbal supplements contain anabolic steroids that increase the testosterone level in the body. You have not stated the reason for you taking testosterone shots. You may have to weigh the benefits and the risks of taking these supplements. I would recommend natural methods of increasing testosterone levels such as weight lifting exercises, avoiding alcohol and smoking, de-stress and getting adequate amount of sleep.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Comments

Guest Says: My testosterone is so low I have went into comas for 2 days and suffered many injuries from trauma ac curing during time. My new pain management Doctor told me it was becuase my old pain management doctor was over medicating me. 4- 30mg a day for 2 years or more. The new Doctor is trying to get me off pain medications and my body does not like it. in 1 month he cut me back to 1/4 of the dose with hydrocodone. My side effects are stomach cramps, irregular bowel movements, do not sleep for 2 to 3 days at a time. nervous. So I could not stand it and have to take more than prescribed just to be feel somewhat normal. I do not want to.

Is there a way to safely reduce or quite taking with less side effects?
Is my testosterone so low becuase of medication?

I seen in a medical journal my chronic pain can cause low testosterone.
I have Chronic spinal stenos-es, chronic arthritis of pelvis and right hip, 4 bulging discs, 1 almost herniated.

Sign In to join in the conversation.